24 Apr 2017

Subscription Box Review: J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World of Harry Potter by LootCrate

I love Harry Potter. I have a Harry Potter tattoo and so much Harry Potter merchandise that my room is practically the Ravenclaw Tower. So when LootCrate announced their specific Harry Potter themed bimonthly subscription box, I hit subscribe so fast I broke a nail (no seriously). I have already reviewed the FIRST BOX which you can view by clicking here and the SECOND BOX, but I decided I would review every single one that I get so you can see what is inside and decide if you want to subscribe to it as well. This will spoil the contents of the box, so if you are getting this box, don't scroll any further! But if you are just curious, keep scrolling.

Just so everyone knows, I live in Canada, so the prices and such that I am going to talk about are in Canadian Dollars and shipping times are international from the US to Canada as well. 

J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World

Where To Buy? 

LootCrate Website

How Often Does It Come? 

Every Two Months

I do wish it was more frequent but I feel like I do not need a monthly box of Harry Potter things. That would be Too Much. My mom would kick me out.

Price?

Each Crate: $66.95
Three Crates Over Six Months: $196.83
Six Crates Over A Year: $385.63

I subscribed for the whole year, which dropped the price per crate by about $3. Not a huge savings but I knew I wanted to get all of them so it did not matter to me about the cost per crate. However, if you are cost saving or budgeting, this might not be the box for you. It is almost $20 a crate more than the regular LootCrate and you get the LootCrate every month. The trade off is this is ALL Harry Potter things instead of a medley of fandoms.

Shipping Time?

They say usually about 10-20 days for international boxes once they ship them out. They ship on the 15th of the month that you get the box, so you should have it by the end of the month provided your post office is doing it's thing properly.

This box was delayed and they sent it via UPS which got it to me VERY quickly. I was notified it was shipping to me AFTER I had received it.

Ordering Process?

The really cool thing about this crate is that when you order, it asks you not only your shirt size, which has been changed to unisex and up to 3XL, but also asks you your Hogwarts house. THIS BOX FINALLY HAD SPECIFIC HOUSE THINGS AND IT WAS MAGNIFICENT. For a Ravenclaw, that was really fantastic for me and I'm sure Hufflepuffs will agree as well.

It's also a really simple process. LootCrate is a huge company and knows what they are doing in terms of making it easy for their customers to pay and proceed through the checkout. I'm 99% sure you can pay via PayPal which is nice if you're concerned about secure checkout.

What's Inside?

This month there were five items, all of which were exclusive to LootCrate.


Again this crate had a T-shirt, which was a baseball tee with the Hogwarts crest on it. The T-shirts that LootCrate uses are great. They are soft, easy to wash, and not too skin tight. You don't feel like you're in a body condom in their shirts, which is nice. 

There was also a Sorting Hat pin with a butterfly backing. It is cool detailing and something I have never seen before. I'm excited to put it on my bag. 

As well, there was a lanyard that said "Platform 9 3/4" and had a Hogwarts charm and a "ticket" for me to enter the Hogwarts Express. 

But the BEST part was that there were two House specific items this month! That means I have two cool new Ravenclaw items to use. One was a beanie (which is similar to the beanie I have) and the other was a GYM BAG! It is so cool and it is pretty big considering it fit into this tiny box. It's the perfect size for a pair of shoes, a towel, and a water bottle which will be great for when I go to yoga! I'm just SUPER EXCITED GUYS. RAVENCLAW THINGS.



Was It Worth It?

I feel like this time I am biased because the last box was not a fun one for me since it was all wearables that I will never use and this one had Ravenclaw things. I think that this box specifically would have been worth it, but the whole year subscription? Probably not unless you have a lot of disposable income (I DO NOT BUT WHATEVER. I AM YOUR GUINEA PIG). I hope that the rest of the boxes are just as great as this one, but I am still a bit skeptical.

What subscription boxes do you get? Are you going to pick up this one?

3 comments:

  1. This scheme looks like a good choice because several similar companies were already up and they are also running something similar best subscription boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customers, who have purchased one of your products already, monthly gift subscription box may show an increased interest in buying additional goods and services in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!